Most nationals do not need a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Other types of travel (eg for work, study or immigration) generally require a visa. A visa is a stamp in your passport that allows you to enter Canada. It gives you the power to enter the country and stay there for a period of time. A visa is proof that the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country of residence has determined that you are admissible and meet the entry requirements. Citizens of selected countries can apply for the Canadian visa online, while all other countries must apply through the regular mode.
Canadian Visa Types
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Working license
- Permanent resident travel document
Who can apply for a Canadian visa?
Under Canadian law, anyone wishing to travel or reside in Canada requires a Canadian visa. The visa is issued by the competent embassy or consulate in your country.
What documents are required for a Canadian visa?
The following documents are required for a Canadian visa:
- Your identity card.
- Valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages
- Appropriate application for a Canadian visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination attesting to excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canadian visa.
- Proof of financial situation
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
A visa is a passport stamp that allows you to enter Canada. You can enter and stay in the country for as long as you want. A visa indicates that the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country of residence has now determined your admissibility. and compliance with the conditions of participation. Border Patrol agents at the border and Canadian Customs will decide if you can enter after passing through.
Who needs a visa to enter Canada?
Entry to Canada requires visas for nationals of countries that do not have Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs) or visa waiver agreements. Visitors, immigrants and foreign workers from 148 countries must apply for a Canadian visa online. A visa for Canada is required for people belonging to this group. Although there are always procedures to follow, how you apply depends on the type of visa you need.
ONLINE CANADIAN VISA APPLICATION
Applying for a Canadian visa online mainly depends on the type of visa you want. You must follow these simple procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you are eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Obtain the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
- Assemble the document folder.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing fees must be submitted.
- You must be 18 years old to apply for the visa as the main applicant.
- You must have a valid government-issued passport containing at least one blank page. This page should not be the last page.
- Documents translated and certified in languages other than English.
- You should not have a criminal history or supporting court documents.
- You must have sufficient funds to pay the visa application and processing fee.
- You need a completed and signed visa application form.
- You must be willing to attend interviews and submit your biometrics.
- You must consent to a medical examination if necessary.
- You should be able to prove that you have sufficient ties in your home country and that your visit to Canada is temporary.
- You must be able to prove that you are not visiting for work or study.
Can I renew my Canadian visa before it expires?
Yes. You must submit your Canadian visa renewal application form at least 30 days before your visa expires.
How many days does it take to process a Canadian visa?
Processing time is 25-30 business days once the application is complete and all documents have been provided.
How long can I stay in Canada with a valid visa?
You can stay in Canada for a maximum period of 90 days only with a single entry visa.
How valid should my passport be to apply for a Canadian visa?
Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Canada.
Do I need biometrics to apply for my Canadian visa?
Visa applicants from Asia, America and Asia-Pacific will need to provide their biometrics.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact person: Kerry Thomas Rustam
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +81 3-3264-0911
Address:3 Nibancho, Chiyoda Town