If you have recently applied for your passport in India and wondering why the appointment details have not been received on your phone yet? So my friend, you may have completely missed the appointment booking. Worry not, because today in this guide, we walk you through the process of booking or scheduling your passport verification appointment online. Additionally, you can learn about the new ePassport service in India.
Steps to Book a Passport Appointment Online
If you have already applied for your passport and have not received the appointment details? Follow the steps below to successfully verify or book your appointment while applying for passport in India.
1. Visit the Passport Seva website on your mobile or PC browser.
2. Click Existing User Login.
3. Now, Walk in your Connection identifier created when applying for your passport, and click on Continue.
4. On the next screen, enter your the password and fill in the captcha from the picture. Now click Login.
5. Once logged in, click “View Saved/Submitted Applications“.
6. On the next screen, select the bullet next to your app and proceed to Payment and appointment tongue.
seven. Now click on the Pay and schedule an appointment option.
8. If you have not made the appointment, you will see this screen. Click here on Next.
9. Now select the RPO based on State and district.
ten. On the next screen, Choose the RPO that best suits you from the drop-down list. You can even choose an RPO in a different state. Click on Next.
11. Now you can either use the earliest date automatically generated for you or choose a custom date from the menu.
12. Once you have chosen a date and submitted it. An SMS confirming your reservation for the passport appointment will be sent to your phone in a few minutes.
13. To confirm, you can follow the same steps to check your passport appointment details. It should appear like this.
Q: Why did I not receive the appointment message for my passport application?
A: Due to bugs in the process, the appointment is not booked when applying. You must rebook or schedule your appointment. We have mentioned the steps to successfully book your passport application appointment in the article above.
Q: Can I reschedule my Passport appointment?
A: Yes, you can reschedule your passport appointment online through the Passport Seva portal.
Q: How many times can I reschedule the appointment for the passport application?
A: You can reschedule your passport application appointment up to a maximum of 3 times. After this time, you will no longer be able to change the appointment and will have to go to the RPO on the said date.
Q: Is the passport office open on Saturday and Sunday?
A: No, the passport office remains closed every Saturday and Sunday. You cannot therefore obtain an appointment for Saturday or Sunday.
Q: What documents should I bring to PSK for the passport application?
A: You must bring the original documents attached during the online application and their self-attested copy to the PSK for your passport application.
In this reading, we have explained how you can successfully book the appointment for your passport application and answered some questions about it. If you are planning a trip in the near future, you will need to add your passport number to your vaccination certificate for a smooth travel experience. I hope you found this useful; if you did, be sure to like and share it. Check out more helpful tips linked below and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more tech tips, tricks, how-tos, and reviews.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.