The Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous institute of the Biotechnology Department of the Government of India’s Ministry of Science and Technology, has invited eligible Indian nationals to apply for the following project positions, coinciding with the duration of the project.
Applicants should be aware that ILS-Bhubaneswar recruitment is underway for three different projects. Initially, the online application deadline was December 2. However, it has now been extended until December 13, 2021.
ILS-Bhubaneswar Recruitment Details
Project n ° 1
- Project Title: Evaluation of Epigenetic Drugs to Restrict SARS-CoV2 Infection (Funded by ICMR, Government of India).
- Position 1: Junior researcher (JRF): 1 position
- Grant: Rs 31,000 / – per month + @ 16% HRA
- Project duration: three years (annually extendable depending on performance)
- Upper age limit: 28 years old on 02.12.2021 (Age relaxation according to Indian government rules).
- Essential qualification: Candidates with a master’s degree (M.Sc. /M.Tech./ MVSc. Or equivalent) in microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics or life sciences with at least 60% overall marks (55% of grades for SC / ST applicants) from a recognized university are eligible. Applicants must also have NET-JRF / NET-LS / GATE qualification.
- Desirable qualification: Candidates with research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, etc. will be preferred.
- Project title: Proteomics study to explore signature molecules associated with the severe pathogenesis of SARS-CoV-2 infection (funded by ICMR, Indian government).
ILS-Bhubaneswar Vacancy Details
Project n ° -2
- Station 1:
- Position name: Senior Research Fellow (JRF): 1 position
- Grant: Rs 35,000 / Month + 16% HRA
- Project duration: two years (annually extendable depending on performance)
- Upper age limit: 32 years old as of 12/02/2021 (Age relaxation according to Indian government rules).
- Essential qualification: Candidates with a master’s degree (M.Sc. /M.Tech./ MVSc. Or equivalent) in microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology or life sciences with at least 60% of overall marks (55% of marks for SC / ST applicants) from a recognized university with two years of relevant research experience are eligible. Applicants must also have a qualified NET-JRF / NET-LS / GATE qualification.
- Desired Qualification: Preference will be given to applicants with practical research laboratory / institute experience and knowledge of protein / proteomics research based on mass spectrometry / viral biology and their related techniques.
ILS-Bhubaneswar Project Technician Recruitment
Project n ° -3
- Job name: Project technician-III (01 post)
- Duration: Two years (annually extendable depending on performance)
- Grant: Rs 18,000 / month (consolidated)
- Upper age limit: 30 years old on 02.12.2021 (Age relaxation according to Indian government rules).
- Essential qualification: Candidates with +2 in science with 1 year of DMLT as well as two years of relevant research experience or a graduate degree in microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology or life sciences, etc. with 60% overall marks (55% marks for SC / ST applicants) are eligible to apply.
- Desirable Qualification: Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a laboratory / research institute and knowledge of clinical / patient sample handling, clinical data entry and management, etc.
- Selection will be made through a screening of applications, followed by an interview process. Applicants will be provided with an age flexibility according to the government. of the rules of India. Interested / eligible applicants can download the application form from the institute’s website (www.ils.res.in) and apply with self-attested copies of the score sheets, relevant certificates and details of the experience. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate must provide a photocopy of the original admission card and the particular result page showing their registration number, as well as the application. The application form with all documents is sent to “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”. Superscribe the envelope with “Advt. No. / Date and application for the position of… and project title”.
- Applicants should apply separately if they are eligible and interested in applying for more than one position. A hard copy of the request is required. Additionally, applicants applying should also complete the online form provided in this link (https://forms.gle/aKiEUsi9weH9XMmh7).
- No AT / DA will be paid to attend the interview.
ILS-Bhubaneswar JRF Recruitment important dates
- Notification issued: 12.11.2021
- Deadline for receipt of an application: 02.12.2021, but now it has been revised to 13.12.2021
- Date and time of interview: will be notified on the website.
Click here to read the ILS-Bhubaneswar 2021 recruitment notification.
Click here to apply online / download the offline application form for ILS-Bhubaneswar 2021 Recruitment.