Beginning of registrations for UCEED 2023: Good news for all future creators since IIT-Bombay has started registrations for the First cycle Common Hall Exam 2023. The exam will take place on 22nd January 2023interested candidates should apply online before 21 October if they do not wish to pay additional fees for registration. Want to know more about the application process and exam details for UCEED 2023? Be sure to read this article till the end to find the direct link to apply.
UCEED Notice 2023
UCEED 2023 registration has started for admissions in the B Dice Classes in various IIT. The application process is based entirely online. The exam platform is not limited to Indian citizens but also to foreign nationals (OCI and PIO). That’s right, IIT-B makes it possible to merge different nations into one classroom. Don’t want to be part of such an amazing experience? You can check your eligibility by visiting the following sections of this article.
Registration for UCEED 2023: overview
|Leading institution||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Exam title||UCEED: Common Undergraduate Entrance Examination|
|Objective of the exam||Admission to B. Des (Bachelor in Design) courses|
|Participating institutes||1. IIT-Bombay
|Application process||On line|
|Registration window||30/9/22 to 21/10/22|
|Registration deadline with late fees||10/29/22|
|Date of issue of the admission card||01/13/23|
|Date of announcement of results||03/09/23|
Eligibility Criteria for UCEED 2023
Before applying for the UCEED exam, it is important to check whether or not you meet the prerequisite criteria. There are basically two criteria you need to meet:
- Age criteria
- Academic criteria
Applicants must not be born before 1 October 1998 in the case of OBC-NCL, OPEN & SAP candidates while the candidates belonging to the categories CS, ST & PWD category, applicants should not be older than 1 October 1993.
The academic criteria specific to each participating institution are different for admissions to the B Des 2023 courses:
|1. IIT-Bombay||Class 12/ Equivalent (all streams)|
|2. IIT-Delhi||Class 12/ Equivalent (all streams)|
|3. IIT-Guwahati||Class 12/ Equivalent (PCM)|
|4. IIT-Hyderabad||Class 12/ Equivalent (all streams)|
|5. IIITDM-Jabalpur||Class 12/ Equivalent (PCB/PCM)|
How to complete the UCEED 2023 online application form?
- In your device’s web browser, open the official UCEED 2023 Exam website, ‘https://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/‘.
- Click on the Registration portal tab in the top menu of the page.
- Keep clicking the Register link on the page.
- Enter your functional e–mail address to start recording.
- After successful registration you will receive login credentials, now you can login anytime and start filling your application form.
- To download the documents in the recommended dimensions (list available later in this section).
- Pay the UCEED application fee.
- to safeguard a copy of the admission form and have it printed for future processes.
Documentary Requirements for UCEED Application
- Passport size photo
- Digitization of signatures
- Grade Sheet / Class 12 Certificate / Equivalent
- School/institution certificate (as appendix-1 of official brochure)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Gazette notice regarding name change (if applicable)
|Document for the UCEED form||specification|
|Passport size photo||1. No more than 6 months
2. 70-80% head coverage in the image
3. JPEG format only
|Signature||1. Full signature on white paper only
2. JPEG format only
|Qualification certificate (Class 12e / Equivalent)||1. PDF format only|
|Caste Certificate / Disability Certificate / Gazette Notification / Dyslexic Certificate||1. PDF format only|
UCEED 2023 Application Fees
The application fees for registration for UCEED 2023 vary according to the nationality and the category of the candidates, you can check all this in the table below:
|Nationality: Category||Registration fees no service charge|
|Indian: candidates (all categories)||₹1800|
|Indian: SC/ ST/ PwD||₹1800|
|Indian: All other categories||₹3600|
|Abroad: OIC/PIO of SAARC countries||$350|
|Foreign: OIC/PIO from non-SAARC countries||$450|
To note: The administrative fees mentioned above are valid until October 21 until 11:55 p.m. only. After that, the fee can still be paid until October 29 with a late fee amount of ₹500/USD50 depending on the nationality of the applicant.
Important links: IIT-B UCEED 2023
Yes, IIT-Guwahati will accept UCEED Score 2023 for admissions in B Des programs. However, it is compulsory for candidates to have studied the 12th class with the specialization subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
The UCEED exam is conducted in two parts. In part A, Numeric response type, multiple selection questions and MCQ are present in the paper. In part B, there is only one based on sketch question.
Yes, there is a negative mark in the UCEED 2023 exam. The negative mark is different depending on the question type:
1. Numerical Response Type: No Negative Marking
2. Multiple selection question: -1 points for bad attempt
3. Multiple choice question: -0.71 for a bad attempt