UPSC single registration: The Union Civil Service Commission mainly invites online applications for recruitment and examinations. Aspirants always had to go through a complicated process if they were to apply for an open application procedure. There are many instances where a candidate applies to the portal multiple times. They have to enter their details again and again, resulting in unnecessary waste of time. So, to avoid this and prepare a secure database of candidate details, the authorities have launched the One-Time Registration OTR service.
In this, applicants will just have to register once with their basic information and the entered details will be automatically pre-populated in the application forms when they fill them. Check all UPSC single registration details in the following description.
UPSC 2022 One-Time Registration
Applicants who are preparing for government recruitment and exams and who apply primarily through the UPSC portal can now register on the portal. The Union Civil Service Commission launched the One Stop Registration service on August 18, 2022. UPSC aspirants will need to register at upsconline.nic.in. Next time, when they fill out an application form through their accounts, their details will be automatically uploaded there.
This will save you time and simplify the process. All candidate information will also be available in a single space, the User Dashboard.
One-Time UPSC Registration: Highlights
|Service name||UPSC OTR Single Record|
|Launched by||Union Public Service Commission UPSC|
|Launched on||August 18, 2022|
|Launched for||Exam Aspirants and Recruitment Under UPSC|
|mode of service||On line|
Purpose of Single Registration at upsc.gov.in
The main purpose of launching the Single Registration Service on the Union Civil Service Commission is to facilitate the application process. The UPSC Portal is a major platform through which recruitments are processed and reviews are conducted. The authorities receive a lot of application files for the same candidates for different recruitments. Moreover, applicants have to fill in every detail again and again in each application form. This is very complicated and time consuming.
So, to facilitate the application procedure, the authorities have announced the one-stop registration service under which applicants will only have to enter their details once and the same will be copied for all application forms, automatically . All applicants need to do is log in to their respective portal accounts.
How do I register for UPSC OTR online?
To apply for the Single Registration Service on the Union Civil Service Commission portal, applicants should follow the following method:
- Open the official Union Civil Service Commission portal at upsc.gov.in.
- Scroll down the main page of the website and tap on the option of Apply online.
- The Single registration UPSC portal will open at upsconline.nic.in.
- In the top menu, click on the option of One-time login/registration.
- In the Login form, click New registration.
- There are four steps within the OTR service that a candidate must go through.
- Registration: Fill in the basic candidate details such as Name, gender, date of birth, email, mobile number, security questions, and more in the registration form.
- Press on Submit and save the details.
- Login: Return to the login form and use the login credentials to login.
- Verification: Applicants will need to have their information verified on the portal.
- Dashboard: Once the whole process is completed, the candidates will go to their respective dashboards.
Union Civil Service Commission OTR Application Fee
As for the one-time registration with the Union Civil Service Commission, applicants do not need to pay an application fee. In the case of recruitment and examinations, the authorities have the provision under which the candidates are required to pay a certain amount. It differs according to the application forms and must be paid only at the time of application.
Log on to upsconline.nic.in
After registering online through UPSC’s OTR service, applicants will simply need to log into the portal. Once they have logged in using the login credentials, they will be able to access the user dashboard. All their details and information related to their activities on the UPSC portal will be available there. When applicants fill in the application forms on upsc.gov.in after logging in, almost 70% of their details will be filled in automatically.
Therefore, applicants will need to create an account and then log in. Check the following steps to login to the Union Civil Service Commission portal:
- Visit the Official Union Civil Service Commission Services Portal at upsconline.nic.in.
- Among all the options available, press One Time Registration (OTR) for UPSC exams.
- The Single registration portal will open on the screen.
- Under the Application stepscheck the Login details.
- Applicants can log into the portal using any of the following credentials:
- Registered email id
- Mobile number already registered for the account
- UPSC OTR ID
- In the Login form, select the Fashion that the candidate prefers for registration.
- Enter the OTR-ID and the Password of the candidate or enter the Email ID/mobile numberPress on Get OTPand complete the receipt One-time password.
- Read the text in the image and enter it in the box for the Verification code.
- Hurry Login and the User Dashboard will appear on the screen.
The Union Civil Service Commission One Time Registration process was launched on August 18, 2022 at the upsconline.nic.in gate.
Candidates are expected to save a lot of time when applying for recruitment and exams. 70% of the details will be auto-populated in the UPSC Portal application forms if already registered through the OTR.